What if monsters went to high school?
Does that cute medusa in Lair Economics really have her eye on you? Can you possibly get your grade up in Common Tongue class while spending so much time in Slamball practice? Who's bringing the cupcakes for the Undead Poets Society bake sale? And what do you really learn when you sign up for Armor class?
Wandering Monsters High School is a humorous fantasy roleplaying game where you take the roles of monsters going to school. Inspired by wacky teen comedies and the silliest bits of fantasy gaming, WMHS is an all-ages game that anyone who's attended school can relate to.
A 2013 ENnies Nominee
Wandering Monsters High School is a 2013 ENnies Award Nominee for Best Family Game!
The following free content can be downloaded directly from our web site in PDF format:
- WMHS Report Card (Character Sheet)
- WMHS Report Card, Single Page Style new!
- WMHS Report Card, Text Version new!
- WMHS Quickplay Early Enrollment Trifold Flyer
The original WMHS
I first wrote Wandering Monsters High School back in 2005 as a 24-hour roleplaying game challenge.
The original is still available for FREE:
- WMHS 0.1 at 1KM1KT
- Review of 24 Hour RPGs at RPG.net -- WMHS graded A+!
- Berin Kinsman playtests WMHS
- Play report from 2005 at RPG.net
- Velvet Dice Bag blog reviews the free version of WMHS
- 2009 interview with Caoimhe (Kynn), author of WMHS