|Scripture||Books of the Sun|
|Matriarch||Isabine de la Justicia|
Originally worshiped as a sun deity by the Qartans, belief in the Goddess-Empress Ashra (Eserre in Gallinea) has spread throughout Elara. Asrianism is the state religion of Ondala, Gallinea, and Varendia, and the complex hierarchy of the faith is centered in Cordera. Asrian clergy are known as Chaplains, and are led by Guardians of the Faith.
The Nine Precepts
Asrianism is centered around nine principles, purportedly laid down by the goddess Ashra, known as the Nine Precepts.
The Precepts are traditionally divided into three groups: The Three Professions, The Three Directives, and The Three Prohibitions.
The Three Professions
1. There is one Sun in the sky, source of light and life.
2. Light, life, and love are the Sun's gifts to us.
3. We are all of us children of the Sun.
The Three Directives
4. Freely partake of only that which has been given to you.
5. Repay kindess three times, and harm but once.
6. Truth endures forever while falsehoods wither in the light.
The Three Prohibitions
7. Let no man be superior to a woman.
8. Let no one own another person.
9. Let no one kill except to sustain life.