This is a central page for links to 4lternity, my conversion of Alternity to 4e D&D via D&D Gamma World.
Items which are
struck through are currently deprecated.
- Welcome to the Verge — player handout with setting background (1.1M PDF, 12 January 2012)
- Level 5 Character Creation Quickstart document — player handout for 2/4/12 game (55K PDF, 30 January 2012)
- Star*Drive Races (50K PDF, 29 January 2012)
- Character Classes (106K PDF, 30 January 2012)
- Character Sheet (115K PDF, 29 January 2012)
- Skill Utilities (80K PDF, 29 January 2012)
- Basic Attacks (36K PDF, 29 January 2012)
- Weapons Tables (58K PDF, 30 January 2012)
- Armor Table (32K PDF, 30 January 2012)
- Psionics —
only about half done, needs text and formatting(76K PDF, 30 January 2012)
- Cybergear — needs formatting (49K PDF, 30 January 2012)
Star*Drive Backgrounds — Stellar Nation benefits (32K PDF, 24 June 2011) Rule Modifications — (62K PDF, 28 June 2011) Skills — basic attacks and other skill-related combat powers (46K PDF, 26 June 2011) Character Sheet (skills) — just the skills page (44K PDF, 29 June 2011) Character Sheet (front page) — (60K PDF, 29 June 2011)
What do you need to play?
To play 4lternity, you’ll need the Alternity rules (the Alternity PHB and GMG), the 4e D&D rules (D&D Rules Compendium), and these documents.
Many times you’ll be asked to make conversions on the fly from the Alternity rules to 4lternity, using simple formulas or procedures. For example, you’ll use the Alternity books for weapon costs and then convert the statistics of the weapons you buy into 4e-D&D-compatible 4lternity stats.
Is this for sale?
Heavens no. This isn’t a commercial product. Please don’t distribute it without reference back to this site, but this is given out free to the gaming community.
What’s Missing (on purpose)
- Using D&D Gamma World math (+level rather than +level/2), cuz no feats and no magic treasure
- No Perks & Flaws from Alternity
No action points (but there are last resort points)
- Individual skill points aren’t tracked as in Alternity, more like 4e D&D and D&D Gamma World
No roles a la 4e D&D; more like D&D Gamma World in that regard No power sources (all are Martial anyway except Mindwalkers who are Psionic)
- Damage types are: impact, energy, bleed, psychic. Nothing else.
Coming Soon / To-Do List
Psionics — half done
- Monsters (compatible with 4e D&D and D&D Gamma World on purpose)
- Cyberware & Computers
- 4lternity is pronounced “faulternity.”
- 4lternity is pronounced “fourternity.”
- 4lternity is pronounced “forlternity.”
- 4lternity is pronounced “for eternity.”
- 4lternity is pronounced “fraalternity.”
- The F is silent in 4lternity.